Book Review: Buyō no zōkei : Hitachi no kabuto to tōken : tokubetsuten by Ibaraki Kenritsu Rekishikan

Reviews on samurai related books
Jo Anseeuw

Book Review: Buyō no zōkei : Hitachi no kabuto to tōken : tokubetsuten by Ibaraki Kenritsu Rekishikan

Post by Jo Anseeuw »

Title: Buyō no zōkei : Hitachi no kabuto to tōken : tokubetsuten
Author: Ibaraki Kenritsu Rekishikan
Publisher: Ibaraki Kenritsu Rekishikan, 1988
Language: Japanese
Illustrations: Black and white pictures
Other: 110 pages, 25 cm by 24 cm, softcover
Topics: Kabuto, Nihontō
ID: B0356

Fabulous exhibition catalog with many (non-kawari) kabuto. Many Saotome, Gitsu, Takayoshi etc. Also many swords.

These users thanked the author Jo Anseeuw for the post (total 2):
Piers Dowding (Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:05 am) • Uwe Sacklowski (Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:08 pm)
Piers Dowding

Re: Book Review: Buyō no zōkei : Hitachi no kabuto to tōken : tokubetsuten by Ibaraki Kenritsu Rekishikan

Post by Piers Dowding »

Looks like a nice catalog(ue), Jo.

The Tsuba at 0:33 reminds me of one I can post over on the sword fittings thread! 8-)
These users thanked the author Piers Dowding for the post:
Jo Anseeuw (Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:54 am)
Jo Anseeuw

Re: Book Review: Buyō no zōkei : Hitachi no kabuto to tōken : tokubetsuten by Ibaraki Kenritsu Rekishikan

Post by Jo Anseeuw »

Several years ago, maybe even before I was a board member of the NKBKHK, one very big Japanese collector (and NKBKHK board member) who knew that I had worked with Luc and Orikasa san on our Saotome book, and who was also aware that I collect books on armor (he also, like many big collectors) , asked me if I had this catalog (as it contains a lot of Saotome kabuto) after a monthly meeting. I could swipe out my ipad with my database of books (*), and proudly show him this entry. He let out a deep approving growl, as only big Japanese collectors can do, and I knew I (and my book collection) was accepted.

Jo
(*): to my regret, the developers of that database stopped developing this app, and when I had to move to a newer ipad, I lost my visual database, and now have to use a spreadsheet ;-(.
These users thanked the author Jo Anseeuw for the post:
Uwe Sacklowski (Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:08 pm)
Uwe Sacklowski

Post by Uwe Sacklowski »

Indeed, seems very interesting!
ImageThe Japanese Armor Society
Western Branch of the Nihon Katchū Bugu Kenkyū Hozon Kai
日本甲冑武具研究保存会
Board Member
Visit our website Visit our forum