Save the Date: JAS Webinar - Sekigahara by Chris Glenn

Ask your society- and samurai armor related questions here
John Wee Tom

Save the Date: JAS Webinar - Sekigahara by Chris Glenn

Post by John Wee Tom »

Dear All,

The Japanese Armour Society is pleased to announce our next webinar presentation scheduled for Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 15H Paris Time. For this presentation, we have a special guest, Chris Glenn who will be presenting an overview of the Battle of Sekigahara, the largest and most important event in Japanese feudal history. This lecture will include specific examples of armour that was used at this great battle and there will be opportunity for Qs & As.

Chris Glenn is a Nagoya based, Australian born radio DJ, TV presenter, speaker, narrator, MC, author and historian. Chris is also the Sekigahara Tourism Ambassador, the Nagoya Tourism and Cultural Exchange Ambassador, and the Omi Tourism Ambassador. And last but not least, Chris is a collector of samurai armour and weapons. Needless to say, this lecture is an event not to be missed!

Please note that in an effort to publicize the initiatives of the Society, and to provide a sampling of our membership offerings to those outside of the Society who may be interested in our activities and are considering membership, we will be opening this webinar to the general public. However, please note the following requirements:

In order to access the webinar, all attendees must have a Zoom account
All attendees will be required to register with their real names and country of residence
Once their registration has been approved, attendees will be given an access code to the webinar
By registering for the webinar, all attendees agree to not make any recordings or screenshots of the presentations
All content of the webinar remains the property of the Japanese Armor Society and/or copyright holders of the images contained within the presentations and cannot be reproduced without the expressed written consent of the JAS and/or the copyright holders
Please note that the webinar is restricted to 100 persons only, and thus registration/participation will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, with JAS members having priority over non-members.

When: Sep 26, 2021 03:00 PM Paris
Topic: The Battle of Sekigahara

Register in advance for this webinar:
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/registe ... BBvQyd5OBw

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
ImageThe Japanese Armor Society
Western Branch of the Nihon Katchū Bugu Kenkyū Hozon Kai
日本甲冑武具研究保存会
Board Member
Visit our website Visit our forum
Jan Pettersson

Re: Save the Date: JAS Webinar - Sekigahara by Chris Glenn

Post by Jan Pettersson »

What do you think, Aymeric; will we at last understand Sekigahara after this presentation 😉

Jan
Piers Dowding

Post by Piers Dowding »

Now, now, Jan, you are being wicked! :lol:
Aymeric Antien
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Aymeric Antien »

I don't really know Jan ;) .. I was there and I did not really understand all this gigantic mess ..I was already so tired on these long walks through this damn mountainous country.. the only thing I remember before dying stupidly run over by a horse that fell from the mountain and drowned in this damn small river where I had already waded all morning blocked by the shots of our opponents .. is that the fights were really bad and I said to myself that to get out of this day alive was a very presumptuous idea. see if someone can explain things to me more precisely .. to avoid this tragic end (well mine) next time.
I had been warned of the high quality of the yokinoshita against shooting ..What a bad idea I had to want to recover it from the corpse of my great commander who had just taken a bullet right in the nose ( a great shooter who recognizes officers well by the quality of their armor).. but against mosquitoes and for swimming .. nothing worse..and that day .. even the horses were really nasty...Finally since that cursed and fateful day .. I try to understand ..Sekigahara .. what a joke ! Finally .. in all of this at least I died clean ..
PS : If anyone found my maedate .. I had just bought it .. a gorgeous nanban dragon with red eyes and smoke coming out of the nostrils ?
Ps .. I also lost a suneate in the mud .. I liked it a lot it came to me from my grandfather and dated from the Muromachi period .. the kind of thing difficult to find .. Luc .. you don't do not know where to find one ? I feel quite naked without him .. in the paradise of stupidly dead warriors..
Jan .. just a question .. do you believe in reincarnation? well .. well my favorite animal was the dragon .. so obviously that poses some problems for me now...and if anyone wants to go back to the late 16th century (like a time machine) to create the air mattress .. I'm particularly interested...Dirty rice fields.
John Wee Tom

Post by John Wee Tom »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
日本甲冑武具研究保存会
Board Member
Uwe Sacklowski

Post by Uwe Sacklowski »

:lol:
日本甲冑武具研究保存会
Board Member
John Wee Tom

Post by John Wee Tom »

Hi All,

The webinar is this Sunday, so if you're interested and haven't yet registered, please do so. It promises to be a great presentation!
日本甲冑武具研究保存会
Board Member
John Wee Tom

Post by John Wee Tom »

Hi All,

It has come to our attention that there may be some of you who have registered for the talk but have not yet received a confirmation of your registration. If you have registered, you should have received your confirmation by now. If for some reason you have registered but have not yet received a confirmation, you may have to try another link to register.

We have posted an invitation on the Nihonto Message Board and one of our members who could not register via this forum, was able to register via the NMB. You can access that link here:

https://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/3 ... he-public/

Please let us know if you are having any trouble registering and we will do our best to help.
日本甲冑武具研究保存会
Board Member
Piers Dowding

Post by Piers Dowding »

Webinar ID and passcode supplied, but then they ask for email address and a ‘password’. If you’ve lost your password again, as I did, you’ll have to create a new one, again, which could take up to 20 minutes to do.

Forewarned is forearmed! 8-)
John Wee Tom

Post by John Wee Tom »

I've adjusted the settings so you should be able to just join by clicking the link. Fingers crossed.
日本甲冑武具研究保存会
Board Member