JAS research meeting in Brussels

Ask your society- and samurai armor related questions here
Uwe Sacklowski

Re: JAS research meeting in Brussels

Post by Uwe Sacklowski »

I actually made it back in 6h... 😎
Thanks all for this funny (and educational!!!) little event!

As a side note: I can really recommend a drive through an unknown city, combined with an vague destination, a leading car that goes crazy and Aymeric as the co-driver...😜
ImageThe Japanese Armor Society
Western Branch of the Nihon Katchū Bugu Kenkyū Hozon Kai
日本甲冑武具研究保存会
Board Member
Visit our website Visit our forum
Aymeric Antien
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Aymeric Antien »

Dear Uwe I thank you for saving my life ... yesterday .. and thankfully Madam President took the wheel for the return .. which was held in the greatest security .did you find again your car where we left it? Sorry for the poor quality of my Belgian driving assistance .. it's been 25 years that I'm going to Belgium and I still have not understood how to drive in the country of our friends .. west part of Belgium .. on left of the road ..can be like in England? and east of Belgium ...on the right as in Germany? When you are French it is complicated anyway ... I will have to ask to Luc .. who explained to me that for the red lights is the opposite of all other countries .. even in Japan.
For all those who could not participate in the last drink ... I want to clarify something important that we have probably forgotten to address ... an essential and crucial role of kobishi ... for the cocktail of the victory ... of this particular knowledge of high technology !
I wonder if in Japan there were also Swiss dogs to guard the emmental and kabuto ? Finally this one is Australian (the dog .. not the cheese) .. and it guards and watchs very well koboshi ... even if he prefers very clearly suji kabuto.It seems that the topai Koboshi is the most obvious and purest expression of the majestic but yet dangerous beauty of the drunkenness of the great altitude ... of the high mountain and its ancestral cheese well made.
Ah yes John and Oleg .. I have really beautiful chikoro fixing rivets .. it can be silver or solid gold (18-carat) too .. it's just a little more expensive!
Do not hesitate to ask me ....
I also have superb French Maedate of ( very authentic controlled origin.)

download/file.php?mode=view&id=2763
download/file.php?mode=view&id=2761
Attachments
Présentoire à fromage cocktail.jpg
Présentoire à fromage cocktail.jpg (129.81 KiB) Viewed 4146 times
French Maedate.jpg
French Maedate.jpg (59.63 KiB) Viewed 4147 times
Luc Taelman

Post by Luc Taelman »

Hey Uwe, Aymeric, don’t forget we have some famous rally pilots here in Belgium!
Aymeric, I am affraid that your koboshi will smell for decades... Camembert , mon Dieu...
No It was great to meet all of you, again a fantasic weekend!
日本甲冑武具研究保存会
Board Member
Luc Taelman

Post by Luc Taelman »

This is no coincidence ....
Attachments
266C19BC-DFFA-4CE4-8DAA-255B98D61E90.jpeg
266C19BC-DFFA-4CE4-8DAA-255B98D61E90.jpeg (22.1 KiB) Viewed 4138 times
日本甲冑武具研究保存会
Board Member
Clarcy Allard

Post by Clarcy Allard »

Yes, Luc, it's Karma. Long live Belgium !!!
Sunday was rich in information and sharing. It was a funy afternoon, with great people and a good time of conviviality. Thanks to Luc and to Aymeric, and also to all members of the association (crazy world of collector). See you soon. Clarcy
Jan Pettersson

Post by Jan Pettersson »

Just want to express my gratitude towards Luc for organizing this latest research meeting in Brussels. It was a nice experience. Manage to leave with some new insights into the world of Koboshi kabuto. A knowledge that somewhat unexpectedly have proven very useful for me during the last couple of days.
Apart from the meeting I also enjoyed a day at Luc’s. Sitting in the garden with friends sharing my love for this field of study, having amazing armours close at hand, was also a fantastic experience.

Jan

P.s
Not sure about the cheese-kabuto Aymeric...
Uwe Sacklowski

Post by Uwe Sacklowski »

Finally "Iga-boshi Kabuto" making sense.... :D
日本甲冑武具研究保存会
Board Member
Luc Taelman

Post by Luc Taelman »

thanks guys, it was my pleasure .
日本甲冑武具研究保存会
Board Member
Clarcy Allard

Post by Clarcy Allard »

GOODBYE BRAZIL.

YES. WE ARE BELGIUM

Clarcy
Mischa Verhage

Post by Mischa Verhage »

Dear fellows,

It has been a week now we had some fun in Brussels. This first theme was about Koboshi and that makes me remind the name: "The muscles from Brussels" (Yes, who remembers Jean Claude van Damme?).
Those koboshi helmets were indeed the muscles from Brussels that day. What a beauties, thank you all for bringing those over to the meeting.
I made plenty of pictures of them, I hope you like them, nice to stick in your photobook!

First of all, thank you for the organizers and for the fine place we had there, also thanks to the participants. I find it unbelievable that John came from Canada, Jan from Sweden, Uwe from Germany! For the French and the Dutch, it must have been a 2 hour ride and yes, many Belgium friends among us. And how surprised I was how many hidden treasures are to be found in Belgium!

Luc did the kickoff in the heart of Brussels in a great passage, just a 5 minutes walk to the Great Market place with beautiful buildings and terraces.
As you can see on one of the pictures, very old kabuto were being discussed and the different kinds of koboshi helmets.
After some time it went hot, in the heads of the participants, all wanted to discuss something about the helmets and of course, Aymeric sama was to be seen on stage again! No, the picture shows like he is discussing the Cola bottle, but it wasn't, it was about technical parts of the koboshi.
We all fell into different groups, learning from each other.
Aymeric explained for example how the rivets were made on the kabuto.
After some time we all found our way in a pub on the great market with all kinds of Belgium beers.
It was great to see you all again! Old friends and new friends.

For the participants and for our other fellow Katchufriends all over the world who couldn't participate, enjoy the pictures!

PS
I like the CopaCabana football style of Belgium! Sorry, I am Dutch and I still see our Belgium neigbours as our brothers..... Sorry Aymeric, Belgium plays the Copacabana, although France plays nice football as well, we will see next week!
Last edited by Mischa Verhage on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 7 times in total.